Google Analytics allows you to get detailed statistics about your sales and customers. With Google Analytics installed, you can:
- Track your site traffic and where that traffic is coming from (Facebook, Instagram, Google searches etc.)
- View metrics like bounce rates and pageviews
- Measure conversions and sales
- See the keywords customers are using to find your site
- Implement remarketing to target past visitors to your site
How to create a Google Analytics account
If you already have a Google Analytics account, skip this section and read “Connecting Google Analytics to TAKU eCommerce” below.
- Go to the Google Analytics site and click “Start for free”.
- Sign in to your Google/Gmail account or create a new one.
- Click “Sign Up” in the top right hand corner.
- Fill in the required fields/information: your Account Name, Website Name, Website/Instant URL, Industry Fields, and Reporting TIme Zone.
- Under “Data Sharing Options”, check the boxes next to the options you prefer.
- Now, click on the button “Get Track ID”.
- The Google Terms of Service Agreement will pop up - click agree.
- Google Analytics will now generate a Tracking ID for your site.
Now that you’ve created a Google Analytics account and have your Tracking ID, follow the instructions below to link Google Analytics to your website.
Connecting Google Analytics to TAKU eCommerce
- Sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Click on Account in the bottom left hand corner and then “Property Settings”.
- Copy your Tracking ID.
- From your TAKU eCommerce dashboard, hover over “Settings” under “Configuration” and click on “General”.
- Click on “Tracking & Analytics”
- Paste your Tracking ID in the “Google Analytics ID” field.
- Click on the “Save” button to save the changes.
- Open your Google Analytics account and click Admin.
- Click “Ecommerce Settings” under the view column.
- Click on the toggle to switch it to “ON'' under “Enable Ecommerce'' and under “Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting”.
- Click on the “Save” button.
That’s it! You’ve now connected your TAKU eCommerce store to Google Analytics.
Remember: The first results in Google Analytics will appear after 24 hours.