The Facebook pixel allows you to track your website visitors so that you can gain insight about customer behaviour. This data about how your customers behave on your site will allow you to plan your digital ads more effectively.
The Facebook pixel allows online store owners to:
- Retarget customers based on past site visits. You can do so with ads on Facebook, Instagram, and the Audience Network. For example, you can create ad campaigns targeting customers who visited a specific page or took a specific action on your website. The Facebook pixel also allows you to target people who are similar to your existing customers.
- Gain data and analytics about how your ads are performing. This will help you gauge the effectiveness of your ads and what can be changed next time around.
- Set up Dynamic Ads so that you can automatically promote multiple products or your entire product catalog on Facebook.
The best part is, there are no technical skills required. Installation only takes a few minutes by following the steps below.
How to create a Facebook pixel
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click on the Ads Manager Menu in the top left hand corner. Then, hover over “All Tools”.
- Click on “Pixels”.
- Click on the green button “Create a Pixel” in the middle.
- Name your pixel and click on “Create”.
How to install the Facebook pixel on your TAKU eCommerce site
- From your TAKU eCommerce dashboard, hover over “Marketing” and click on “Facebook Ads”.
- Paste your pixel ID underneath “Step 2: Set up Facebook Pixel”
Remember: Check to see if your pixel is working. Go to your webstore so you can trigger the pixel. Then go back to your Facebook Ads Manager and go to “Pixels”. Check your Pixel’s status; if you see a green light that means that your pixel has been installed correctly. It may take up to 20 minutes in order to activate your pixel.
Learn more about Facebook retargeting here.
How to Set up Facebook Shop